Get Inclusive Required Bystander Intervention Training
is Required to Complete "Get Inclusive" Training?
All ACC first-time college students and transfer
students are required to complete this online training.
is this Training For?
Standing up and looking
out for one another’s safety is a core value we all share as members of Alvin
Community College. One way in which we commit to this value is by making
sure that we intervene when we observe anyone whose safety is being threatened,
being harassed or is in danger of sexual assault or violence. We hold ourselves
to a high standard of never being silent and never being passive bystanders.
What does it mean to be an active bystander who intervenes in the time
of need? Where do I find help if necessary? How do I intervene without taking
on risks? These are the questions you will receive answers to in a free, 20
minute online training module provided by our training partner,
How to Start? Look for an invitation email from Get Inclusive and click on the link provided in the email OR access the training through your course list in MyBlackboard. Use your official ACC student email address for log in to the training; training will be available several weeks after the semester has started. All responses to quizzes and questionnaires in the course are kept 100% confidential.
Main Topics Covered in Get Inclusive Training
- The value and benefits of engaging all campus members as allies in sexual assault prevention by increasing knowledge and skills around bystander intervention and risk reduction.
- Developing a shared language around terms related to domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, and consent.
- Becoming familiar with the college’s statement prohibiting domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
- Recognizing appropriate and inappropriate behaviors along the continuum of sexual behaviors.
- Increasing empathy for victims of sexual assault resulting in a heightened sense of responsibility for playing a role in decreasing sexual violence on campus.
- Becoming aware of the warning signs of sexually abusive and violent behavior.
If you have any question, please contact Marilyn Dement at: VPofStudentServices@AlvinCollege.edu.